The job of a security guard is tough and little bit unsafe. The key responsibilities of a security guard include protecting the lives, assets and personal things of other individual. In the comparison, the job of watchman is little bit tough due to limited rest time and restless working hours while Guards perform their duties in shifts and working under the supervisory staff or property owners. The main requirement for the person going to apply for security guard job must be physically fit, psychologically stable and attentive at all times. Security guards go through extraordinary training in self-protection, emergency communication methods, report writing, nervousness of criminals, and management of weapons. There are set of steps to pursue if you are strong-minded to become a fine security guard. Read the following points for more information.
• It is essential to get the approved certificate for security guards from any of good reputed community academy or practical institute. Search out required details of recognized security programs through online information supplied by these institutes.
• There are minimum requirements before you can start training. The least age prerequisite is 18 years and should have minimum high school diploma and rightful driver's license. It is also a prerequisite to go through the standard drug test. It is worthwhile to have a two-year degree in considerably in criminal justice for appointment purposes. Certain institutes give you training to students who desire to become complete promised security guards. The fundamental course usually includes first-aid, rush control and patrol methods. Syllabus for certificate courses may also cover useful training in real job sites and ongoing education classes each year.
• It is also essential to complete a pre-assignment module or begin connected training on assets and human rights, detention methods and applicable subjects. Aside from the common license, the potential security guard should also apply for firearms license in addition to extra training in practice of pistols and basic inspection methods.
• You have to search out in proceed if the company will invite you to bear the expenditure of license and uniform. Some security companies may disburse for these necessities but ask you to benefits in installments or through deductions from your monthly salaries.
• Armed guards and individuals allocated in banks or armored cars get more pay as compared to unarmed guards assigned in business offices. Search out about the agreement that security offices propose. Most of these are limited time agreements which will indicate that you can transfer from one place to another place from time to time. You can search employers or companies that employ security guards openly as you are assured a longer tenure.