If you are looking for a new job or, alternatively, the most common job search is through e-mail. Quality communication applications is nothing short of a very poor, and this often means that the CV is not even considered.
If you have not been entitled for an interview, then your resume or cover letter maybe sucks, and it's time to take remedial action.
Here are some guidelines.
1. Publish your work e-mail. Some companies may have more than one open at any time, and they often receive all applications for a single e-mail. Including the topic of job reference number, e-mail is easier to search and sort, and must not be forgotten.
2. Say something to the body's e-mail. I received more than 100 requests for roles in the last 2 weeks and more than 40 were simply connected to the CV without a greeting, note, or something else. They may be good candidates, but they are often suppressed frustration.
3. Enter your name in the title attached CV. Too often, they are called MynewCV.doc 2008cv.doc or December, or the like. Again, this makes it very difficult for a recruiter to sort and classify documents, and they can again be removed.
4. If you are looking for work, that you may not have the exact qualifications, then the letter should be excellent. Be short, relevant and carrot interview. Remember, the role of communication applications, CV and interview you.
If you are not good at writing letters to job applications - to get professional help. If you can not write it - and believe me - the quality is terrible spelling - get help and not just rely on spell check.
5. Font and colors - If you copy and paste, and edit the details of a cover letter, make sure that the police and the color is the same - Sometimes I get requests and there is so much variation, I immediately thing "that the person is lazy," and interviewed. It is your responsibility to put the odds in your favor.
6. Follow-up - sometimes quickly follow-up e-mail can help in the process, because it shows a certain amount of perseverance and determination - not pests, but it can lead to a debate, at least.